When directly applied on the hair, aloe vera promotes hair growth by stimulating blood circulation along the scalp. Massage aloe vera on your scalp and this also restores the hair’s PH balance and opens up your scalp’s blocked pores that will allow growth of hair follicles. For optimum results, mix with coconut milk.
Called such because of its long brush-like features, horsetail’s potent ingredient is silica which is responsible for strengthening bones, nails and hair. It restores brittle hair to keep it from breaking or thinning thereby preventing further hair loss. Because of its hair loss remedy properties, horsetail is often found in many conditioning products to fortify and repair hair.
Hair growth is just one of the medicinal values of this popular ancient Chinese herb. Applied as a tonic or shampoo, ginseng is often used to address male baldness by nourishing and strengthening the hair.
Another ancient remedy which is thought to cure balding by preventing the conversion of testosterone into DHT. DHT is responsible for receding hairline in both men and women. It is often recommended to be used together with Stinging Nettle (see below) which serves the same function.
Like aloe vera, ginko biloba is said to increase blood flow to the brain to correct any nutritional deficiencies to hair follicles. As a result, this has likewise become a popular herbal remedy for hair re-growth.
Stinging Nettle (Urtica Diocia)
Abundantly found in North America, stinging nettle is a potent plant known for its hair growing benefits. Its reported mechanism of action is by preventing the conversion of testosterone hormones into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). According to studies, excessive production of DHT normally triggers hair loss.
Though stinging nettle can be purchased in capsule or fill form, stinging nettle can also be applied as oil. Just put the leaves of stinging nettle into a jar of olive oil for 2-3 weeks. Then keep the sealed jar in a cool dark place. Apply the oil on the scalp regularly.
Burdock (Arctium lappa)
This herb definitely has its benefits to people suffering from hair loss. Burdock actually promotes healthy hair by improving the circulation of blood to the hair follicle and in relieving scalp irritations. Burdock contains high levels of essential fatty acids and phytosterol compounds that are known to be effective reversing and reducing hair thinning. Phytosterol is actually one of the most potent ingredients of many hair restoration products in the market today.
When massaged into the scalp, peppermint oil also makes an excellent hair grower. It promotes hair growth by stimulating the growth of hair follicles. When applied as oil, peppermint offers cooling and soothing effects to the scalp which is good as this helps in promoting hair growth. It is also capable of binding the hair roots as well as in encouraging better circulation to the scalp. According to studies, enhanced circulation significantly affects the process of hair growing.
Originating from the Mediterranean, lavender has been widely used by herbal practitioners in encouraging hair growth and in preventing baldness. Lavender is known to contain anti-bacterial agents that help in healing and soothing skin infections as well as in relieving dandruff.
When used regularly, lavender is capable of preventing hair loss as well as in ensuring significant re-growth of hair. It oil also offers calming and relaxing effects thereby preventing the occurrence of stress, insomnia and depression which are widely considered as common causes of alopecia or hair loss. For better results, mix 10 drops of rosemary oil, 4 oz jojoba oil, 5 drops basil oil and 10 drops of lavender oil. Apply the mixture regularly.
For centuries, rosemary has been widely used as a solution to hair loss, hair thinning balding or receding hairline. It actually works by stimulating the circulation in the scalp thereby resulting to hair growth. This works best when added to olive oil and applied as oil.
Regular application of rosemary oil even helps in preventing premature graying as well as in treating dry and flaky scalp. Furthermore, rosemary works by strengthening and nourishing the hair follicles starting from the shaft.
Research has shown that healthy people have better sex lives. Fit people enjoy sex more and have a lower chance of dealing with a sexual dysfunction that can impair their love life. If you’re experiencing a loss of intimacy, there are steps you can take to reclaim it. Here’s how to feel sexy again.
#1: Stay Healthy
To keep your libido revved up you should:
Exercise regularly. Your arousal depends in large part on how well blood flows through your body. Regular aerobic exercise can help keep the heart pumping and the blood flowing. Eat right. Maintain your health…
View original post 429 more words
You can never own enough mascara. It’s the finishing touch for the perfect eye makeup and without it, we feel practically naked. To really get the best out of your mascara, take a look at the tips below on how you should be using mascara — even if no one’s ever told you these things before.
1. It doesn’t last forever: This might come as a shock to most, but mascara actually does expire. The average life span is about 3-5 months, so after that, get rid of your old mascara. Otherwise, you’re risking bacterial infections, and no one wants that.
2. Keep the wand: We hate to say goodbye to our mascara, but saving the wand is actually something you should do. Wash the wand and use it as a “spoolie” brush to help groom your brows.
3. Take it off: Sometimes we get too tired to wipe our makeup off before we go to bed, but leaving mascara on your lashes overnight does more harm than you know. When the mascara dries overnight, it can cause your lashes to fall off, and a stiff lash can actually scratch your cornea while you’re sleeping.
4. Turn up the volume: We love a voluminous lash, so to get the best out of your mascara, powder your lashes — using baby powder and a cotton swab — before application to for an extra lush look.
5. Moisturize your lashes: It’s easy to forget that our eyelashes are actually tiny hairs, and should be treated as such. Before bed, moisturize your lashes with olive oil or any moisturizer to keep them hydrated. Just be careful to keep anything out of your eye.
6. Not everyday is a waterproof day: Waterproof mascara is ideal for those teary moments, but using it everyday isn’t advisable. Since it can’t easily be removed, the continuos tugging at the lashes can cause them to become weaker and eventually make them fall out.
7. Keep your eyes open: The key to not blinking (and ruining your mascara) during application? Opening your mouth. When your mouth is open wide, it’s a bit harder to blink.
8. Never smudge again: Hate getting mascara stains on your eyelid? Avoid them by placing an old business card or plastic spoon on your eyelid, right above your lashes. Apply your mascara in this position, and any excess product will go onto the business card or spoon, not your eyelid.
9. Seal the deal: Give your mascara the finishing touch by coating your lashes with clear mascara after application. This will help to solidify your lashes and protect the mascara from smudging or running.
10. The perfect mascara: There are so many types of mascaras out there, you have to figure out what works for you and your lashes. Do you need to lengthen? curl? give volume? Whatever it is you need, there’s a mascara out there waiting for you. If you can’t find it, find a few and make a mascara cocktail!
Heels are women’s best friend, it makes you feel taller,
reflects your self confidence and makes you look slimmer.
But walking in high heels is sometimes difficult and bit tricky for
some girls especially when they are not used to wear them frequently.
At the beginning you will need some practice and here we bring you three steps to help you to
be able to walk freely with high heels.
First: Walk slowly, you need to be more careful and walk with small
and slow steps because small steps will make your walk look
calm and makes you feel more comfort and free, you will be also in the best shape you looked
for when you thought about wearing such heels.
Second: Walk from heel to tip toe this will make you walk normally
as much as you can. Put your talus to the ground followed by your
tip toes smoothly, this will help you to walk in a straight and normal way.
Progress your posture : if you wanna walk well in high heels
you have to improve your posture like holding your head in line
with your backbone and chin and avoid looking down towards the floor
keep your shoulders relaxed at both sides ,and imagine imaginary
line during walk and walk upon it.
Whether you occupy half of the bed with legs and arms stretched or curled up like a baby, scientist say, your sleeping position reveals much about you and your relationship. Let’s see!
- The Spoon: Spooning is partners touching while laying on the sides facing the same direction. This position is common in the beginning of relationships. It can show lust and the need to be near someone.
- Honeymoon Hug: While this is a romantic position, it shows that you are new to the relationship. It is unrealistic because it restricts blood flow to the arms. Honeymoon huggers cannot get enough of each other. They want to face each other even in sleep.
- Shingles: The Shingles sleeping position is one that where a couple are comfortable with each other, suggesting a long term commitment. The female is usually the one with the head one a partner’s shoulder because they are shorter. However, sometimes it is simply the one who wants attention and focus.
- Sweetheart’s cradle: Sleeping this way is a more intimate Shingles position. It also suggest nurture and cuddling a partner as if to protect them from the troubles of being awake.
- The Cliff Hanger: This position is pretty common as almost half of the people turn away from their partners when they sleep, so no worries because you’re perfectly normal. Cliff hangers sleep facing away from each other with no physical contact. If your partner’s position changes to the cliff hanger, it indicates a desire to separate or be independent.
- Leg Hug: This is where both individuals sleep however they want and still maintain contact through a ‘leg hug’. It expresses affection, while keeping your distance, be it because the couple have just had a fight or simply because they prefer their sleeping space.
- Zen Style: This is most common in couples that prefer to sleep in their own space. So, in order to continue to show affection, their bottoms and backs usually touch. It is the position of an interdependent couple.
- Loosely Tethered: After many years in a stable relationship, the Loosely Tethered position is the favorite. This is similar to the Spoon, yet it gives more space. It shows that the intimate emotions remain but the comfort of room for sleeping is provided.
- The Pursuit: The one who usually spoons their partner turns away usually wants to be pursued. This means that they want their partner to spoon them instead, sometimes ending in a rub and a push against their bottom. This sleeping position can be seen as an invitation in many relationships.
- The Crab: This is a rare sleeping position that can suggest two things. Firstly, that the individual that is falling sideways off the bed has trouble finding a comfortable position, sometimes suggested as a creative person. Secondly, it may be that the partners are trying to get away from each other as far as possible. This could mean an end to the relationship may be very near.